Educate. Enrich. Engage.
At the Granville Public Library
Granville Public Library is open seven days a week. Please see below for our hours.
Hours of Operation
Mondays: 9:00 am-8:00 pm
Tuesdays: 9:00 am-8:00 pm
Wednesdays: 9:00 am-8:00 pm
Thursdays: 9:00 am-8:00 pm
Fridays: 9:00 am-6:00 pm
Saturdays: 9:00 am-6:00 pm
Sundays: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Closed Holidays for 2022
- New Year’s Day: Saturday and Sunday, January 1 and 2
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Monday, January 17
- President's Day: Monday, February 21 (Staff Development Day)
- Easter Sunday: Sunday, April 17
- Mother's Day: Sunday, May 8
- Memorial Day: Sunday and Monday, May 29 and 30
- Father's Day: Sunday, June 19
- Independence Day: Monday, July 4
- Labor Day: Sunday and Monday, September 4 and 5
- Thanksgiving: Thursday, November 24
- Day after Thanksgiving: Friday, November 25
- Christmas Eve: Saturday, December 24
- Christmas Day: Sunday, December 25
- Day after Christmas: Monday, December 26
- New Year’s Eve: Saturday, December 31
Mission statement: The Granville Public Library serves as a welcoming place and essential partner in our community’s commitment to lifelong learning through education, enrichment, and engagement.
Current Strategic Plan The library has set priorities and strategic goals for the organization that are outlined in its strategic plan.
Library Operations & Funding
The Granville Public Library is an association library, meaning it was organized by a group of citizens who filed official Articles of Incorporation with the State of Ohio to establish the library. Despite being officially incorporated in 1912, there has been a public library in Granville (in one form or another) since the early 1800s. Even more GPL history
Today the library is funded by state tax revenue through the Public Library Fund, a one (1) mill property tax levy passed by the citizens of the Granville Exempted Village School District in May, 2010 and renewed in November 2014, and again in November 2019. The library is also supported with private donations and fees. The library went fine-free on January 1, 2019.
Bringing life to the approximately 26,000 square foot facility are a healthy collection of materials in a variety of formats, a friendly group of full and part-time staff, a dedicated and generous volunteer workforce, and the tens of thousands of patrons who walk through our doors every year.
Please check out the links below for more info about the library.